NWST HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER.
Terms Of Reference/Job Description
Job Title : Human Resource Manager
Job Type : FULL TIME
Duty Station : NAIROBI
Reporting Line Supervisor : School Director
The Nairobi Waldorf School Trust was founded in 1999. We have more than 400 children on our two Nairobi, Kenya campuses. The Lavington campus consists of the toddler, playgroup, kindergarten, and primary grades 1 - 5. The Karen campus hosts toddlers, playgroups, kindergarten, primary grades, and High School.
The School has over 90 employees across the two campuses, including academic educators, learning support staff, musicians, games coaches, groundskeepers, full-service kitchen staff, security teams, and administration. What Waldorf has to offer through Waldorf Education is as relevant as ever, as the increasing demands for modern life and its related social, political, and economic issues require creative solutions.
The School has established a nurturing and growing community that shares the vision of raising and educating children wholistically, in true consciousness and love. This enables them to contribute towards establishing a more peaceful and sustainable world.
We are connected to the global Waldorf community and are part of the growing Waldorf movement in East Africa. Our School is proud to host mentors and teachers worldwide, offering a diverse experience for our children and community. An elected Board of Trustees governs us in collaboration with the school management.
We offer Kenyans and Foreigners residing in the country an exclusive opportunity to raise competent, capable, and happy human beings.
Job Purpose: Leading the development and implementation of NWST Human Resource strategy, policies, and procedures to achieve School Mission and Vision
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of human resource strategy and alignment with the overall School’s strategic plan.
- Formulating and ensuring implementation and continuous adherence to Human Resource policies and procedures through adoption of best HR practices in line with legal framework and strategic plan.
- Planning & ensuring the availability of human resources for current and future school needs through recruitment in line with the approved budget.
- Leading and managing Employee Relations to deliver harmonious work relations and a safe and secure work environment in line with local, international standards and legislative guidelines.
- Implementing service quality, customer excellence and change initiatives to achieve required school performance and culture.
- Designing, developing, and implementing a people compensation and benefits strategy to attract and retain a motivated workforce aligned to the overall strategic plan.
- Leading in the preparation, analysis & management of HR reports and presentation to the board and management for decision making.
- Responsible for talent management in all departments including coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of performance.
- Identifying & recommending best practices for innovation to ensure new & improved processes, procedures and methodologies.
The individual will work in liaison with (Internally) the Board, School Director, Pedagogical Team, Heads of Departments, Staff and (Externally) Regulatory bodies.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related subject
- Certified Human Resource Management Professional (CHRP)
- Higher Diploma in HRM
- A Practicing Certificate
- Full Membership to a Professional Body (IHRM)
- At least 7 years of relevant experience
- Excellent Communication and customer service skills
- Computer literate
- Ethical, Respectful, passionate and transformational
- Ability to formulate and implement the HR strategy
- Decisive, analytical and able to manage change, talent and solve problems
- Leadership skills and the ability to coach and mentor
- Ability to design and implement performance systems
- Employee and Industrial Relations skills
- Trends and diversity management skills
- Ability to manage information
- Service Delivery and 3rd Party management.
If you are interested in the position and meet the above qualifications, send your application to email@example.com indicating the HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER position in the subject line by Tuesday, 5th December 2023. Kindly indicate the current and expected salary.
The Nairobi Waldorf School Trust (NWST) is an equal-opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.