KINDERGARTEN ASSISTANT TEACHER
Terms Of Reference/Job Description
Job Title: Kindergarten Assistant Teacher
Job Type: FULL TIME
Duty Station: NAIROBI
Reporting Line Supervisor: Pedagogical Team Leader
The Nairobi Waldorf School Trust was founded in 1999. We have more than 400 children on our two Nairobi, Kenya campuses. The Lavington campus consists of the toddler, playgroup, kindergarten, and primary grades 1 - 5.
The Karen campus hosts toddlers, playgroups, kindergarten, primary grades and high school.
The School has over 90 employees across the two campuses, including academic educators, learning support staff, musicians, games coaches, groundskeepers, full-service kitchen staff, security teams, and administration. What Waldorf has to offer through Waldorf Education is as relevant as ever, as the increasing demands for modern life and its related social, political and economic issues require creative solutions.
The school has established a nurturing and growing community that shares the vision of raising and educating children wholistically, in true consciousness and love. This enables them to contribute towards establishing a more peaceful and sustainable world.
The school is connected to the global Waldorf community and are part of the growing Waldorf movement in East Africa. The NWST is proud to host mentors and teachers worldwide, offering a diverse experience for our children and community. An elected Board of Trustees governs us in partnership with the school management.
The school offers Kenyans and Foreigners residing in the country an exclusive opportunity to raise competent, capable, and happy human beings.
To teach and educate learners according to the School curriculum and the education needs, abilities, and attainment of the potential of individual students.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons to all students in the class.
- Teach according to individual students' and groups' educational needs, abilities, and achievements.
- Adopt and work towards the implementation of the school strategic plan.
- Assess, record, and report students' development, progress, attainment, and behavior to parents and relevant officials.
- Contribute to oral and written reports and references relating to students.
- Comply with arrangements within the national framework for the appraisal of student performance.
- Promote general progress and well-being of students.
- Provide guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters, further education, and future careers.
- Review and evaluate their teaching and learning strategies, methodologies, and programs aligned with the school and Waldorf curriculum.
- Advise and collaborate with other teachers and school officials to prepare and develop courses to study, teaching materials, teaching programs, teaching methods, and assessments.
- Ensure high standards of professional practice and quality of teaching.
- Maintain order and discipline among students and continuously safeguard their health and safety during games and swimming.
- Participate in staff, parent, and student meetings.
- Ensure the safe custody, use, and periodic maintenance of equipment used during lessons.
- Monitor attendance of students in class.
- Attend parents' sessions and provide them with comprehensive reports on their child's progress.
MINIMUM Academic Qualifications
- Degree/Diploma in Education. (E.C.D.E.).
- Diploma/Certificate in Waldorf Education will be an added advantage.
- Teachers' Service Commission registration.
Length of Experience
- 5 years
Types of Experience
- Teaching in an international school.
- Teaching Experience in a Waldorf School will be an added advantage.
- People skills.
- Commitment to work.
- Computer skills.
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated love for learning.
- Flexible and open to change
If you are interested in the position and meet the above qualifications, send your application by Friday, 14th April 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating "Class Teacher" in the subject line, and include the current and expected salary.
The Nairobi Waldorf School Trust (NWST) is an equal-opportunity employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.